Upcoming Events

Feb
11
Tue
7:00 pm @ Summit Christian Elementary
@ Summit Christian Elementary
Feb 11 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
 

MARCH 13, 2018 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES

Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.                     

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. 

  1.    General statements made by the President were: GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for 2018 being collected                              and are $20.00 (members receiving e-mail) and $25.00 for members wanting a paper copy (US MAIL).                       See CAROL or JOHN FREEHAND to get signed up.
  2.    CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR

                    TEENS” . A portion of our dues go to to this project.

  1. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2018 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  2. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  3. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  4. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  5. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
  6. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  7. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 83. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL –

 Mike Shaw had a KELTIC KNOT FIXTURE and a SAW THROAT PLATE FOR DADOS; Curt Tyhurst had a TABLE SAW MITER SAW EXTENSION and a MINI BENCH; Bill Doyle had a JEWEL BOX and VARIOS JIGS; Harold Young had a SIMPLE CABINET GLUEING FIXTURE; Pansy Legal had a CRADLE MAGAZINE HOLDER and a SCROOL SAWN ANGEL; Dr Chapman had a HORIZONTAL RING PRESS; Dave Orson had a SET OF RINGS and a SCROLL SAWN BASKET; Lance Helman had an INTA RSIA JIG; Kevin Stovall had a TAPER JIG and a COMPASS; Mike Chapman had BOARD BUDDIES and PUSH BLOCKS; Jay Helland had a DADO WIZ, KERF MAKER, COVE JIG, FIBONACCI CALIPERS and a TAPERING JIG; Bob Rubin had a BOWL FIXTURE; Michael Straughn had a LARGE SEGMENTED BOWL and a FROG BOWL; John Wolf had an ESKIMO KNIFE and SEVERAL CARVINGS; Glenn Lampton had a JIG FOR THE NASA MONKEY SEAT; Bill Thorne had VARIUOS JIGS. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

 

PROGRAM –President Roy stated that the program for tonight was all about JIGS and  FIXTURES. We appreciate everyone that had fixtures or jigs to display and were able to describe their function. It is interesting to note that many projects require some sort of fixture or jig to enable what you are working on to be assembled correctly. Also as a side note it sometimes works out that the fixture is the item that should be put on display. We thank everyone who took the time to review their items so that others  might duplicate their efforts or see another way that they might approach their project. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

NEXT MEETING –APRIL 10, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .         

Lee’s Summit Woodworkers Guild, Inc.

NOVEMBER, 2017 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
General statements made by the President were:
1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the rest of the year will be $10.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up. Dues for 2018 being collected and are $20.00 (members receiving e-mail) and $25.00 for members wanting a paper copy (US MAIL).
2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. A portion of our dues go to this project.
3. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2018 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
4. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
5. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
6. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
7. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
8. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
9. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 68. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL – Due to our special program this evening our SHOW & TELL will be abbreviated and only those projects that cannot be moved to next month will be shown. The following members elected to review their project tonight. Mike Chapman had a WALNUT ROCKER; Dale Garrison had a FINGER PLANER that will be donated to a school; Gale Markley had SEVERAL SEGMENTED BOWLS; Jeff LaDue had a CORNHOLE BOARD SET; Mike McReynolds had a CRYPTIC BOX. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.
PROGRAM –President Roy introduced Dr. Tony Jones who will be our speaker for tonight. Dr. Jones is the President of the Kansas City Art Institute and is a leading authority on Mackintosh Design. Charles Rennie Mackintosh Furniture and Architecture was the methods being employed during the years 1890 to 1930. Many of the modern practices being used today got their start from pioneers such as Frank Lloyd Wright. Dr. Jones gave a great presentation and could have gone on for several more hours (something we can possible revisit in the future). We thank Dr. Jones for giving of his time and sharing his wealth of knowledge in a field that gives each wood worker the drive to return to the shop. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.
CHRISTMAS MEETING- Don’t forget to bring your dinner and desert items. Bob Pressley doing the barbecue feast again this year – THANK him for his effort. NEXT MEETING –DECEMBER 12, 2017 at 6:30 pm. REMEMBER 6:30pm. President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m. Respectfully submitted, Bill Akers.

April 2017 Meeting Minutes

Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.

APRIL 11, 2017 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  

General statements made by the President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  1. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  2. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  3. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  4. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  5. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
  6. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  7. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 72. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL AND FIXTURES –

Pansy Legall had a SCROLLSAWN JEWELERY BOX, TREE ORNAMENTS and an ANGEL;  Bob Rubin had a SCROLLSAWN ARABIAN WOOD BASKET, a TRIVET, DOCK SIGN; Curt Tyhurst had a GAVEL; Larry McFerrin had a CAMEO LEGS CARVING FIXTURE; Bob Perry had a MAPLE, CHERRY, WALNUT SEGMENTED BOWL; Bill Doyle had SEVERAL SCROLLSAWN TRIVETS; Dale Kunz had an OPEN SEGMENTED BOWL; Don Gates had a GEAR EXERCISING GIZMO and a HUMINGBIRD; Jon Starek had SHELF CLOCKS; Mike Reynolds had a SWEET GUM BOWL; Arlie Reimer had a PIZZA PADDLE; Randy Bray had a SEGMENTED BOWL; Bob Frerking had a JAPENESE LANTERN; John Mais had a CROSS CUT SLED WITH MITER. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

IMG_5065 

PROGRAM –The program for tonight will be presented by Kelly Parker a onetime Analytical Chemist now a woodworking craftsman. Kelly approaches her talents as a furniture designer and manufacturer with as much care as if she were reviewing the design of an ATOM BOMB. Every finished product is fully supported by several interim prototypes to insure form and fit. Her program was interesting and gave an insight as to the effort required to bring a piece of furniture to its final finish. We look forward to her return in the future and we thank her for sharing her skills. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

HELP: AAW SYMPOSIUM (June 22-25 at Bartle Hall)-see Mike Reynolds and volunteer.

NEXT MEETING –MAY 09, 2017 at 7:00pm

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .

March 2017 Meeting Minutes

Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.

MARCH 14, 2017 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  

General statements made by the President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  1. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  2. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  3. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  4. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  5. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
  6. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  7. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was76. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL AND FIXTURES –

Pansy Legall had SCROLLSAWN CROSSES, BOOKENDS, ANGELS and JEWELERY BOXES;  Bob Rubin had a SCROLLSAWN BERRY BASKET; DRAGON PUZZLE, R-LETTER , BUTTERFLY and a BOWL FIXTURE;  Gale Markley had a TURNED CHEERY BOWL; Harold Young had an ARRAY OF BOWL MAKING FIXTURES; John Wolf had FIXTURES INCLUDING A CARVING HOLDER, SHARPENING STICK and a VISE; Curt Tyhurst had SEVERAL SAW FIXTURES; Larry McFerrin had SEVERAL TABLE SAW SLEDS (convertibles); Bob Perry had a 3D CUTTING BOARD; Bill Doyle had a GREEN WOOD TURNING; Jim Dunlap had SEVERAL SQUARING JIGS; Michael Straughn had a TURNED VASE; Dave Clark had an INTERESTING BOX and a CURVED WOOD JIG; Sam Parris had a RESAW GUIDE; Dale Kunz had a SEGMENTED VESSEL and a X,Y COMPOUND JIG; Mike Shaw had a JIG FOR CELTIC KNOT PENS; Leonard Shackels had a 3D EASTER EGG; Don Gates had  a SCROLLSAWN BROKEN BOX and a DOG PUZZLE; Mel Bryan had  a DUST COLLECTOR BUCKET and a SQUARING JIG; Kevin Stovall had a CARD SCRAPER HOLDER; Doc Dale had a FOOT FINDER and a DUST COLLECTOR JIG;  . Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

PROGRAM –Tonights program was included in SHOW and TELL as FIXTURES are usually a part of making your presentable item(s). As a combination feature we are able to better understand what it actually takes to put a project together and at times the fixture is what catches the eye of the audience. Again we thank all for stepping forward and passing on their skills and knowledge. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

IN OUR PRAYERS- Greg Hull in the hospital.

NEXT MEETING –APRIL 11, 2017 at 7:00pm

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .

 

March Meeting Detour Map

 

Jefferson Street in front of the school is closed do to construction, so follow the map to get to Summit Christian Academy for the March Meeting that will start at 7 PM. Guild Meeting Detour Map

January 2017 Meeting Minutes

JANUARY 10, 2017 

Vice President Greg Hull called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  

General statements made by the Vice President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017 and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  3. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.

           4.   GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.

5.   FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.

     6.   PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so

           at the next meeting.

  1. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of woodworking skills.
  2. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  3. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 72 . Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL-

Pansy Legall had CHIEFS SCROLLSAWN ITEMS; Ben Simmons had HOMEMADE CANOE PADDLES; Gale Markley had a WALL CLOCK; Harold Young had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL and an URN; John Wolf had SEVERAL CARVED FIGURES; Jerry Webb had a VIOLIN; Doc Dale had a CANARY WOOD TURNED BOWL; Michael Straughn had a TURNED VASE; Dale Kunz had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL; Mike Reynolds had an ORNAMENT and a MESQUITE BOWL; Don Gates had a TURNED BOWL and a SCROLLSAWN DEER; Bob Frerking had OPEN SEGMENTED BOWLS; Bryan Appleton DEMONSTRATED SHARPENING A CHISEL; Ken Frerking had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL; Bob LaDue DONATED RAILROAD CAR PLANS. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

 

PROGRAM –Vice President Greg stated that the program for tonight would be a video of the BILTMORE HOUSE, Ashville, NC. This structure was built by George Vanderbilt in the late 1800s and our intent tonight is to place emphasis on the great woodworking consisting of the furniture, millwork and general architecture of the home. Hope everyone enjoyed this slight, but interesting, departure from our normal sawdust presentations. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

ANNUAL WOODSHOW: Check out the signup sheet and spend a few hours at the show- AMERICAN ROYAL- January 20-22.

NEXT MEETING –February 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.

 

Vice President Greg closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .

November 2016 Meeting Minutes

NOVEMBER 08, 2016

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.  

General statements made by the President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017 and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  1. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  2. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  3. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  4. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  5. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of woodworking skills.
  6. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  7. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 76. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL-

Ted Legall had a MAGNETIC TRAVELING CHESS BOARD and a STANDARD CHESS BOARD; Bob Rubin had SEVERAL SCROLLSAWN TRIVETS; Gale Markley had FOUR TURNED BOXES; Harold Young had TWO GREEN ELM TURNED BOWLS and a LATHE JIG; Dave Burton had a CHERRY BOWL with a RIM; John Wolf had a CARVED MAN (SVEN); David Rink had a SPIRAL URN; Jerry Webb had a VIOLIN; Preston Goodwin had a GARDEN POTTING BENCH; Roy Wall had a PRAYER REQUEST BOX; Doc Dale had a VASE and his POT OF CHANGE. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

PROGRAM –President Roy took the floor tonight for this evening program and introduced us to the many ways “TO FLATTEN AND STRAIGHTEN A BOARD” (warning-if you go too far you end up with veneer or toothpicks). It is interesting how far one will go to salvage that last piece of lumber that just fits your project. But we all know if you can salvage a motor with a few bearings there must be a way to straighten a board. Once again Roy proved his point that the plane is mans best friend. Once again we thank Roy for stepping forward and passing on his skills and knowledge. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

CHRISTMAS GATHERING-Remember to bring your food or dessert items-Bob Pressly will be doing his PULLED PORK. Don’t forget to help with the kitchen shores.

WOODWORKING SHOW- sign up sheet available – American Royal – January 20-22.

 

NEXT MEETING –DECEMBER 13, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.

 

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

October 12, 2015 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.                                                          General statements made by the Vice President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Half year dues will be $10.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2015 and remain at $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up. Dues are being collected for 2015.
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  3. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking toward 2016 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  4.  GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  5. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  6. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  7. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget our big trip and meeting to the “DR. DALE CHAPMAN BARBEQUE and SHOP TOUR” for our NOVEMBER meeting.
  8. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  9. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 52. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL: Leonard Shackles had a CARVED SANTA; Bob Rubin  had a SCROLLSAWN TROUT PUZZLE, FISH OUT OF WATER, VASE & FLOWERS; Bill Wilkerson had SCROLLSAWN CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS; Bud Collins had CRAFTED SLEDS; Bryan Appleton had HAND SAWS, SAW VISE & FILES; Ron Neidinger had a VASE; Carol Freeland had a CNC SIGN(her first); Gale Markley had a TURNED LIGHTHOUSE; John Wolf had a CARVED SKULL & a SANTA; Logan Steele had TWO SEGMENTED BOWLS; Harold Young had a SEGMENTED BOWL & a CUTTING BOARD; Lyman Hannah had a DOUBLE ARM SLED & PICTURES OF ADVENT CANDLE STAND; Jim McCord had a COLLECTORS CASE; Mike McReynolds had a SEGMENTED IRONMAN BOWL; Pansy Legall had a WALNUT BOWL & a CHERRY BASKET; Mikeal Jones had an END TABLE. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

PROGRAM –President Roy and others had the floor this month as the featured speakers as they reviewed the sessions they attended at the WOODWORKERS OF AMERICA SHOW. Each presentation was abbreviated to allow time for each member to give the highlights of what was presented at their particular session. As time goes on we will probable be entertained with several detailed programs. We thank all our members for sharing their information gathered and look forward to using some of the ideas put forward. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

NEXT MEETING –NOVEMBER 10, 2015 at 5:30p.m. NOTE: THIS IS THE BIG ONE AT DR. DALE CHAPMAN’s SHOP.

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers

August 2016 Guild Presentation

The August 2016 LS Woodworkers Guild Presentation featured Bob Frerking’s techniques used to create a segmented vessel.  The guild membership appreciates Bob for taking the time to share his knowledge and skill.  Click on the photo below to start the video.

May 2016 Monthly Meeting Minutes

 

LEE’S SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.

MAY 10, 2016 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES

President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.                                                          General statements made by the Vice President were:

  1. GUILD DUES–Yearly dues will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2016 and remain at $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up. collected for
  2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
  3. SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2016 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
  4.  GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
  5. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
  6. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
  7. FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
  8. MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
  9. GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was73. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).

SHOW AND TELL: Pansy Legal had TWO CHESS SETS; BOWLS and PRAYING HANDS; Bob Rubin had a FRAMED PICTURE and an INTARSIA LOVE; Dale Kunz had a CUTTING BOARD; Gale Markley had a BOWL; Michael Straughn had an ASORTMENT OF TOOLS and a VASE; Randy Bray had a CANE and a BOWL; David Clark had a MARKETRY PANEL. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.

PROGRAM –President Roy introduced the presenters for tonight who are none other than our LEES SUMMIT NORTH students and their teachers. This is the school who is the primary recipient of our TOOLS FOR TEENS project. It was evident by the many wood working projects that were presented that the LSWG can be proud that we support such a talented group of students. Wood working projects are an opportunity for one to not only get familiar with the machines and tools in their shop but to also expand on the other subjects taught that may help you figure out that difficult angle cut. Once again we thank the teachers for passing on their skills and knowledge so we can be the ones to enjoy the fruits. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.

JUNE PICNIC; Be there by 6 pm so we can start about 6:30 pm. Also don’t forget to bring your DESERT or FOOD ITEM.

NEXT MEETING –JUNE 14, 2016 at 7:00p.m.

President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Akers  .

 

 

IMG_3371[1] IMG_3369[1] IMG_3370[1]

IMG_3359[1] IMG_3337[1] IMG_3362[1] IMG_3368[1] IMG_3364[1] IMG_3339[1]