Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.
DECEMBER 10, 2019 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
Vice President Greg Hull welcomed all to our annual Christmas gathering and stated that we would just have SHOW & TELL and not a business meeting so everyone can enjoy feasting with each member and family members. Please take note of the General Statements usually made by the President.
1. General statements made by the President were: GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for 2020 being collected and are $20.00 (members receiving e-mail) and $25.00 for members wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). See CAROL or JOHN FREEHAND to get signed up.
2. CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR
TEENS” . A portion of our dues go to to this project.
- SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2020 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
- GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with ARLIE REIMER.
- FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg Hull.
- PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
- FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
- MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 93. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL – Dale Kunz had an INTERESTING BASKET; Leonard Pierce had ROLLING PINS and FANCY SCREWDRIVERS; Mike McReynolds had a TOGETHER KNOT (wedding anniversary to his wife); Ron Mackenberg had CANDLE HOLDERS, TURNED DISH and VASE; Jim Hooper had a QUILT RACK; Sam Claggett had SEVERAL CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS; Jay Helland had SEVERAL TURNED SEGMENTED BOWLS; Harold Young had SEVERAL SEGMENTED BOWLS; Stan Gillangd had a STAR WARS SHIP; Don Gates had SCROLL SAWN OAK LEAVES and a 10,000 DOLLAR BILL; Gale Markley had SEVERAL CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS; Randy Stone had an OAK CABINET; Larry McFerrin had a CAROUSEL HORSE; Gary Barth had VASES and CAT TAILS. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.
PROGRAM –No program tonight.
CHRISTMAS MEETING- Starting at 6:30 pm . Thanks to all those that provided the food -special THANKS to Bob Pressly for cooking up the BARBEQUE HAM and BEEF.
NEXT MEETING –JANUARY 14, 2020 at 7:00pm.
Vice President Greg closed the gathering at 9:00 p.m..
Bill Akers .