LEE’S SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.
President Roy Wall welcomed all to our annual CHRISTMAS and the following statements are for general information as we will not have any business meeting. The evening was opened with a prayer and the festivities started at 6:30 pm. General statements made by the President were:
- GUILD DUES–Half year dues will be $10.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2015 and remain at $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up. Dues are being collected for 2016.
- CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
- SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking toward 2016 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
- GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
- FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
- PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
- FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
- MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 103. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL: Although we did have SHOW & TELL the slips were not located and hopefully we can give full credit in the January minutes.
No program was presented in November due to our meeting being held at Dr. Dale Chapman’s new wood shop in LaMonte. In place of a meeting we were treated to a barbeque feast that was hosted by Dr. Dale. We want to thank him for a great meal and we especially enjoyed his new shop.
The December meeting was replaced by the annual Christmas Dinner and once again we were treated to a special meal. This time we were again high on the hog with Bob Pressly’s specialty of PULLED PORK. This was one of our better Christmas meals and we give thanks to all those that participated in years past in preparation of the food and thanks to Bob for tending the fire. I am thinking of no longer eating at home and will look forward to future GUILD meetings.
Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.
OFFICERS: All officers for 2015 were re-elected for the 2016 year. We added one more BOARD member Jim Dunlap.
NEXT MEETING –JANUARY 12, 2016 at 7:00p.m.
President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..
Bill Akers .