Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.
MARCH 14, 2017 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
General statements made by the President were:
- GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
- CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
- SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
- GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
- FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
- PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
- FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
- MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was76. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL AND FIXTURES –
Pansy Legall had SCROLLSAWN CROSSES, BOOKENDS, ANGELS and JEWELERY BOXES; Bob Rubin had a SCROLLSAWN BERRY BASKET; DRAGON PUZZLE, R-LETTER , BUTTERFLY and a BOWL FIXTURE; Gale Markley had a TURNED CHEERY BOWL; Harold Young had an ARRAY OF BOWL MAKING FIXTURES; John Wolf had FIXTURES INCLUDING A CARVING HOLDER, SHARPENING STICK and a VISE; Curt Tyhurst had SEVERAL SAW FIXTURES; Larry McFerrin had SEVERAL TABLE SAW SLEDS (convertibles); Bob Perry had a 3D CUTTING BOARD; Bill Doyle had a GREEN WOOD TURNING; Jim Dunlap had SEVERAL SQUARING JIGS; Michael Straughn had a TURNED VASE; Dave Clark had an INTERESTING BOX and a CURVED WOOD JIG; Sam Parris had a RESAW GUIDE; Dale Kunz had a SEGMENTED VESSEL and a X,Y COMPOUND JIG; Mike Shaw had a JIG FOR CELTIC KNOT PENS; Leonard Shackels had a 3D EASTER EGG; Don Gates had a SCROLLSAWN BROKEN BOX and a DOG PUZZLE; Mel Bryan had a DUST COLLECTOR BUCKET and a SQUARING JIG; Kevin Stovall had a CARD SCRAPER HOLDER; Doc Dale had a FOOT FINDER and a DUST COLLECTOR JIG; . Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.
PROGRAM –Tonights program was included in SHOW and TELL as FIXTURES are usually a part of making your presentable item(s). As a combination feature we are able to better understand what it actually takes to put a project together and at times the fixture is what catches the eye of the audience. Again we thank all for stepping forward and passing on their skills and knowledge. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.
IN OUR PRAYERS- Greg Hull in the hospital.
NEXT MEETING –APRIL 11, 2017 at 7:00pm
President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..
Bill Akers .