Lee’s SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.
MARCH 12, 2019, MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
President Roy Wall called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
- General statements made by the President were: GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for 2019 being collected and are $20.00 (members receiving e-mail) and $25.00 for members wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). See CAROL or JOHN FREEHAND to get signed up.
- CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR
TEENS” . A portion of our dues go to to this project.
- SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2019 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
- GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with ARLIE REIMER.
- FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg Hull.
- PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so at the next meeting.
- FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of wood working skills.
- MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 81. Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL –
Robert Frerking showed off his 2nd PLACE TROPHY; Bob Pressly had a CARD BOX (wedding) and a UNITY CROSS; John Wolf had a CARVED SANTA; Mike McReynolds had an ELM BOWL and a BAND SAW BOX; Jay Helland had a HAND PLANE STORAGE CABINET and a JEWELRY BOX; Mike Chapman had an OSAGE ORANGE SEA TURTLE; Ben Simmons had SEVEN TURNED BOWL SAMPLES; Shawn Waskiewicz had a CUTTING BOARD and a BANDSAWN BOX; Leonard Pearce had a SASSAFRAS and a MAPLE Bowl. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.
SILENT AUCTION- SUZIE stated that they had 56 silent auction items and 8 live auction items and that both auctions which included our BIRD HOUSES netted about $4000.00.
PROGRAM –President Roy stated that the program for tonight would be presented by Phil Moran (one of our own) who would be presenting his version of “WOOD WORKING IN YOUR GARAGE”. It is interesting that many of our members remember starting our shops with very few tools and a minimum of space in which to work. Thanks to garages and the ability to move to the outdoors. Phil had many ways in which to expand the capability of his tool complement by some very simple modifications. Each tool was configured to hang on the garage wall and placed in like operations to reduce the searching time for a tool. Phil also has a few designs that are available to replicate if a member sees a need. Thanks to Phil and we look forward to more of his projects in the future. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.
NEXT MEETING –April 9 , 2019 at 7 pm.
President Roy closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..
Bill Akers .