LEE’S SUMMIT WOODWORKERS GUILD, INC.
SEPTEMBER 08, 2022 MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
THE MEETING WAS CALLED TO ORDER BY TREASURER BOB PRESSLY (FILLING IN FOR PRESIDENT ROY WALL) AT 7:00 PM. NOTE: The in person meetings are now held at the Colbern Road Library Conference Room at 1000 Colbern Road, Lees Summit on the Second Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. The ZOOM meeting information will be available in an EMAIL sent out to members by President Roy.
General statements made by the TRESURER were:
- GUILD DUES- Yearly dues for 2022 will be $10.00 (members receiving EMAIL) and $25.00 for members wanting a paper copy(US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you registered.
- CHARITABLE PROJECT- Thanks to those that are supporting the “TOOLS FOR TEENS”and a portion of your dues go toward this project that has a large impact on our school children.
- GUILD SHIRTS/HATS -Order yours now from Arlie Reimer.
- PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so-See Phil Morgan.
- MEETING NOTICES-During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- MEMBERS/GUESTS- Attendance was 51 with 1 visitor at the library and ?? on ZOOM.
SHOW AND TELL:
Chell Winegar had a PLYWOOD BOWL and SEGMENTED RINGS; Ben Simmonds had an OAK SLICE REPURPOSED and a VESSEL; Bob Rubin had a SCROLL SAWN DUCK,BUTTERFLY and SEVERAL OTHER TRINETS; Dale Kunz had a SQUARE BOWL; Don Gates had a SCROLL SAWN SNOW SCENE and SEVERAL XMAS PIECES; Bob Thorne had FAST TRACK GAMES and STORAGE BOXES; Jim Mullen had SCRAP WOOD PLANTER BOXES; Sam Harris had a PIZZA CUTTER and SEVERAL WINE STOPPERS; Harlan Bartels had NAPKIN RINGS , BRACELETS and a CLOCK DISPLAY; Sam Claggett had a SET OF BONGO DRUMS; Jim McCord had SEVERAL NICE BOXES; Bob Pressly showed off a SONNY SHARRER Segmented BOWL; Arlie Reimer had a BRICK PATTERN BOWL; Randy Stone had a SEGMENTED BOWL and a KEY and Stan Gilliland had an ANTIQUE TABLE that he was seeking some help. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project.
PROGRAM: This months program was all about using your scrap materials and PHIL MORGAN (one of our own) presented his program on “SCRAP SAVVY SEPTEMBER”. Phil is very resourceful and idea oriented when it comes to looking at the scrap bin and seeing the LUMPS OF COAL laying there and finding ways to convert them into DIAMONDS. This was program that got everyone to thinking how to save another tree and making items from scrap wood that are appreciated by family and friends. A “WELL DONE” for PHIL and maybe inspiring another woodworker member to be resourceful.
PROJECT DISPLAY CABINET: The library has offered a glass display cabinet for the members to show off their Show & Tell projects. Projects would be on display for about a month and would be identified as LSWG items with a plaque designed and made by Phil Morgan and an identification card designed by John Freeland indicating the owner. In this manner patrons to the library would be introduced to the LSWG and hopefully become members.
NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY.OCTOBER 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM (at the LIBRARY and on ZOOM).
Vice President Phil closed the meeting at 9;00 PM.