JANUARY 10, 2017
Vice President Greg Hull called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
General statements made by the Vice President were:
- GUILD DUES–Yearly dues for the year will be $20.00 (member receiving e-mail) for 2017 and $25.00 for member wanting a paper copy (US MAIL). Note: John or Carol Freeland will be glad to get you signed up.
- CHARITABLE PROJECT – Thanks to those that have supported our charitable project “TOOLS FOR TEENS”. We will continue to support this project and provide tools that will have an impact on many lives.
- SHOP TOURS – At present we are looking at 2017 to get something on the calendar-get your name on the SHOP TOUR list. We always learn something at these shops.
4. GUILD LOGO SHIRTS- HATS- Order your preferences now– check with Mel.
5. FACEBOOK– Available now – check with Greg.
6. PICTURE ROSTER- Official pictures are now available-if you have not had your picture taken please do so
at the next meeting.
- FIELD TRIP – Don’t forget to think of new places that we can visit that will expand our knowledge of woodworking skills.
- MEETING NOTICES – During bad weather tune to CHANNEL 41 for any cancellation.
- GUEST/VISITORS – Attendance was 72 . Welcome and please sign the registry (this gets you a copy of the Newsletter for the next two months).
SHOW AND TELL-
Pansy Legall had CHIEFS SCROLLSAWN ITEMS; Ben Simmons had HOMEMADE CANOE PADDLES; Gale Markley had a WALL CLOCK; Harold Young had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL and an URN; John Wolf had SEVERAL CARVED FIGURES; Jerry Webb had a VIOLIN; Doc Dale had a CANARY WOOD TURNED BOWL; Michael Straughn had a TURNED VASE; Dale Kunz had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL; Mike Reynolds had an ORNAMENT and a MESQUITE BOWL; Don Gates had a TURNED BOWL and a SCROLLSAWN DEER; Bob Frerking had OPEN SEGMENTED BOWLS; Bryan Appleton DEMONSTRATED SHARPENING A CHISEL; Ken Frerking had a TURNED SEGMENTED BOWL; Bob LaDue DONATED RAILROAD CAR PLANS. Hope we did not miss anyone’s project and remember you are entered in a raffle when you participate in SHOW & TELL.
PROGRAM –Vice President Greg stated that the program for tonight would be a video of the BILTMORE HOUSE, Ashville, NC. This structure was built by George Vanderbilt in the late 1800s and our intent tonight is to place emphasis on the great woodworking consisting of the furniture, millwork and general architecture of the home. Hope everyone enjoyed this slight, but interesting, departure from our normal sawdust presentations. Don’t forget to help Vice President Greg Hull by keeping a lookout for anything that would be of interest to our members and thank him for his efforts to bring us a program each month.
ANNUAL WOODSHOW: Check out the signup sheet and spend a few hours at the show- AMERICAN ROYAL- January 20-22.
NEXT MEETING –February 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Vice President Greg closed the meeting at 9:00 p.m..
Bill Akers .